Awards and Achievements
NeuRonICS lab has been awarded the Scheme for Transformational and Advanced Research in Sciences (STARS) grant from MHRD, Gov of India to build the “Handheld electronic tool for impedance-sensing detection of mercury in water using aptamer templated metal nanoparticles”
- NeuRonICS lab has been funded by Ashok Leyland Inc. to carry out research projects in the area of Machine Learning and Edge Computing.
- NeuRonICS lab has been awarded the SPARC proposal in collaboration with Prof Shantanu Chakrabartty and Prof Raman Baranidharan from Washington University of St Louis.
- Sensing-to-learn and Learning-to-sense: Exploiting Neuromorphic symbiosis of sensing, computing, memory and adaptation for designing the next-generation machine learning systems.
- Wipro has awarded funds to Neuronics Lab for two research projects:
- Fast Activity Recognition.
- Multi-Sensory Fusion in the area of Autonomous Vehicle
- Dr. Chetan Singh Thakur has won a prestigious “Early Career Research Award” from the Science and Engineering Research Board, Government of India for developing Neuromorphic processor.
- Vishal Shaw (Masters Student) has been awarded the Texas Instruments fellowship at IISc, 2017
- Awarded the Young Investigator Award by Pratiksha Trust at IISc, 2017
- Awarded the Qualcomm gift funding to carry out research in the area of compressive sensing imager, 2017.
- Awarded the INSPIRE Faculty Award by the Department of Science and Technology, India, 2016
- The Johns Hopkins University postdoctoral fellowship award, USA
- Three months fellowship award from Defence Science and Technology, Australia and Western Sydney University
- Organized IEEE special session ‘Hardware Accelerators for Deep Learning & Cognitive Systems’ at ISCAS – International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, 2017
- Winner of the Western Sydney University Vice-Chancellor Award for ‘Excellence in Research’ for Interdisciplinary work, 2014
- Awarded ‘Certificate of Excellence’ for live demo of cochlear implementation at WIDEVISION+ Technology Innovation & Exhibition, Western Sydney University, 2014